Early Exits Workshop
Early Exits is a workshop that has been developed by the USA Kaufmann Foundation and licensed to Angel Resource Institute which is being delivered in the UK for the first time in conjunction with LBA and the City of London Corporation.
The workshop presents a strategy for start-up investors and entrepreneurs to build new ventures, prove business models and exit companies in two to three years without the need for many million pounds of investment. Based on the book by Basil Peters, Early Exits is a perfect fit for the entrepreneurial environment early in the 21st century, which can be characterized as follows:
- The traditional venture capital model may not be working. It has become much more difficult to raise expansion funding of £2-3 million and more.
- Large Corporates are currently sitting on significant cash sums and are choosing to acquire small companies in lieu of expanded internal R&D. The sweet spot for many large companies is £10m-£20 million, selling prices of great interest to entrepreneurs and angels, but not generally to traditional VCs.
- Building companies with a valuation of £10m or more takes much less time with lower risk than building companies with valuation of £75/ £100m, the typical successful VC exit in the past few years.
The Early Exits workshop is specifically designed for angel investors, and seed/start up venture capitalists. It provides specific tactics for executing the Early Exits strategy from investment to exit with detailed steps to prepare for and complete an M&A transaction.
What is the Agenda?
· This workshop is designed to be highly interactive for an audience of up to 50 participants deliverable in four hours, including breaks.
· The format features a PowerPoint presentation delivered by John May from the USA who is an experienced angel investor and certified lead instructor, hands-on exercises for applying the concepts presented, a case study, and local group discussion.
· The course will cover a deep introduction and background on core concepts, principles and theories, along with how to strategize and execute early exits.
Study Materials: A customized workbook will be provided to each participant that includes presentation content, slides, and exercise worksheets.
Please firstname.lastname@example.org further information/ticket bookings